Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Summer Season is Here

So it’s been more than a month since my last post, but it’s time to get back to it. April was a slow month for me in regards to movie watching, and needless to say my year of Kurosawa isn’t going well. Thos of you that listen to the show know that even it has suffered a bit lately. For some reason, I’ve been in a season of extreme busyness, but I have seen a light at the end of the tunnel and it’s time to return to form.

So what’s coming up? Quite a bit. Next year looks great for film and 2012 looks even better, but I’m pretty excited about the coming months. Iron man 2 was a great start to the summer movie season, I thought it was even better than the original, and here are the dates of the next group of films I am excited to see and discuss on Film in Focus.

May 14 – Robin Hood

May 21 – Shrek (I can’t wait to take my kids as they are fans of the series)

June 11 – The A Team

June 18 – Toy Story 3

June 25 – Grown Ups (Sandler films are a guilty pleasure of mine)

July 2 – The Last Airbender

July 9 – Predators

July 16 – Inception

July 23 – Salt

August 13 – The Expendables

Some of these will probably rate low, but I’m fairly excited to see how they are handled. I’m expecting quite a bit from The Last Airbender and Inception. The summer season isn’t my favorite season of movies as I’m much more into the awards contending films that we can expect to start hitting theatres in October, but this is a fun season of film none the less.

In April I saw only 6 films the entire month:

The Exodus Decoded

Who’s That Knocking at my Door?

A Prophet

Clash of the Titans

New York, New York

Did you hear about the Morgan’s?

In May so far I’ve hit up 7 films:

Dirty Harry

Magnum Force

Kick Ass

The White Sheik

The Bone Collector (rewatch)

Samurai X

Iron Man 2

No comments:

Post a Comment