Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Disappointing year

So far 2009 has been a pretty terrible year for film. 2006 and 2007 were both amazing years in an otherwise weak decade, but 2008 and now 2009 have been pretty bad. At the start of the year I set a top 10 most anticipated films of the year, and now with just 5 weeks to go I have seen 8 of those 10 films. Only 1 of those 8 is in my top 10 films for this year, and that’s the Coen Bros. film “A Serious Man”.

When I look at my top 10, thankfully there are some surprises I wasn’t expecting. I’m not going to give them away because we are going to reveal those picks in an upcoming episode of FilminFocus. When I look at the end of the year, there are still 20 films I really want to see, so there is great chance for redemption as the year closes.

Here are the films I am most looking forward to as we close out the year:

Invictus
Everybody’s Fine
The Princess and the Frog
The Road
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Nine
Red Cliff

What films are you most looking forward to that will be released before the end of the year?

4 comments:

  1. also know as Dave in the Quiet corner...

    How about the new Sherlock Holmes movie and Peter Jackson's "The Lovely Bones"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw red cliff, the action scenes are the true selling point. the rest plays like a melodrama. but good all-around.
    i am waiting for all the other films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Dave in the Quiet Corner,

    Here's a couple more that you may want to add to your list. "A Single Man" and "The White Ribbon". I've heard good things about both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. most of the films on the list havent been released where i live so i wait for them to come. this year has been pretty bad in terms of quality films.

    ReplyDelete